Wednesday 8 September 2010

14 down 29 to go....

Well its taken me over a week, but i now have 14 green coated Germans finished.
I would like to say the next lot will be quicker now i have my new bulb. But sadly I need to concentrate on finishing some commissions over the next four weeks. That will then give me only one week to paint, varnish and base all 43 Nassauers plus 4 Dutch guns and their crews, if I am going to remain on schedule for SELWG. Here I will be treating myself to the next purchase on my list. Its a big one, again with two different languages. They will look stunning but may well be the Napoleonic wargamers equivalent of a King Tiger. Not that I am getting to excited thinking about it!
First I have work to do.

2 comments:

  1. hope to be at selwig putting on a drums and shakos demo which will become a blackpowder late afternoon with the GLC gaming group, love your blog , great painting, do you play lassalle or GdeB ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi mate, sadly looks like i will not be able to make SELWG and will have to make do with the Derby show. Once i have enough figures painted i will probably stick with GdeB. I used to play it in 15mm and i like all the detail, i am looking forward to getting my hands on the new deluxe edition. i will also be using drums and shakos for skirmish action. if my collection grows large enough and i buy a house big enough i will swap to black powder if i want to push lots and lots of little men around.
    i have a copy of Lasalle but have not played it. I like the way it reads so i may still give it a go.

    ReplyDelete